Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

37 Weeks!

How far along: 37 Weeks
Weight: 173.2
Baby size: 19 inches. And she weighs 6 1/3 pounds. About the size of a swiss chard or a watermelon.
Movement: Yep. Lots of rolling. You could actually see her moving around when we went to the movies on Sunday.
Feeling: Pretty good. Tired. Yesterday, I slept past 9, did some laundry, went to a midwife appointment, ran some errands, then came home and took another 2 hour nap!
What I miss: I don't know what it is about them, but of all the things that make me crazy about being pregnant, the worst for me is the cankles. It's pure vanity. I used to have these tiny little ankles that I would show off in ballet flats and Toms. And now, my ankles blend into my calves. My large swimmers calves that I THEY DON'T ACTUALLY MAKE BOOTS TO FIT! I miss my ankles :( What I am looking forward to: Maternity leave. I have 4 more days...
Milestone: We are officially full term, baby! We can give birth AT ANY TIME! I've been having a few Braxton Hicks contractions, and the midwife says her head is right at the canal of my hip bones, but not in there yet. Let's just say I am rooting for an early birth. I'm ready for baby (or as ready as I can be!)
To Do: Just a few last minute items: make an emergency phone/address/directions list for family, doctor and hospital; make an emergency hospital bag, do a good cleaning of the bathroom and bedroom (in case baby comes before my housecleaning appointment), make a nursery lullaby/playtime playlist to load onto my iPod.
Food Cravings: ice cream and popsicles. I went to the store this weekend and bought 3 DIFFERENT KINDS: chocolate mini cones, strawberry all-fruit pops and raspberry and cream pops.
Bonus #1: Installed the car seat in my car this weekend, then promptly uninstalled it, because I also picked up the birthing tub, which wouldn't fit in the trunk or just on one side of the car. I've also washed the linens and most of the baby clothes (although I do have to wash the potential "coming home" outfit.)
Bonus #2: I have a prenatal massage today at work! Looking forward to that!


37 Weeks, 5 Days!
Sporting one of my fancy new nursing tank tops, which I LOVE! Paired with my yoga pants, I'm pretty sure this has been the most comfortable outfit I have worn in the last week and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment