Ok, ok. I get it. People want to see pics of the new house. I was just waiting for the worst of the boxes to be put away. But now we have a variety of very livable spaces: the kitchen, living room, master bedroom, bathroom and nursery are the most put together. I suppose Brian's office is too. The guest room is an inflatable mattress in a sea of boxes. The media room. Well, it has a tv in it! But nothing to sit on! We've been watching Game of Thrones on a bunch of blankets! The playroom is rudimentary, at best, and really won't be utilized much until we get a decent rug in there and some seating for grown ups!
On our to-do list
- tie backs for Lorelei's curtains
- some sort of buffet/hutch for the China in the living room
- cushions on top of the black shelf in the living room to make more seating
- more cabinetry in the kitchen
- paint the wheeled cart green
- new rug in the play room
- table and chairs in the play room
- furniture for the media room
- Meg's sewing/work station in the media room
- Hang art/mirrors
- A real bed in the guest room
- Bookshelves in the guest room
And that's just to start with.
But a lot has already been done.
|Lorelei's reading nook. Made those blackout curtains myself!|
|Robin's Egg blue ceiling, yellow chevron walls|
|Upstairs bath. Featuring 5 different kinds of marble and faux marble! Yay?|
|Living room. Pictures on the mantle = not permanent|
|Lorelei's living room play area|
|Entry way. LOVE the new curtains.|
|The entire downstairs used to be the basement, so there are some interesting architectural details. That door leads to Brian's office. You don't want to see it.|
|Downstairs bathroom AKA my least favorite room in the house. It's just kind of yucky.|