Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Eggo Is Preggo Food Edition:Breakfast

So, in future, I will try to take pictures of the food before I eat it. However, once I get the food prepared, it seems that it cannot get in my mouth fast enough. So pictures are always an after thought...

Note: I am supposed to eat eggs. However, I hate all eggs except those that are poached. Still figuring out this dilemma.

Breakfast item #1 Smoothie
I need to eat a smoothie EVERY SINGLE DAY. Preferably within 15 minutes of waking. Or my stomach explodes. No lie. Here is my current favorite smoothie recipe:

Peach-Pineapple-Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:
-frozen peaches (about 1/2 cup)
-frozen pineapple (about 1/2 cup)
-fresh banana
-1/2 cup whole fat plain yogurt
-1 cup juice (I like Dynamo with Calcium from Trader Joe's)

Combine peaches and pineapple in a microwave safe bowl. Nuke for 1 minute. This will make the smoothie smoother and not so cold. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Real tough, right? But it tastes like happy and gets food in my system asap.

For breakfast/lunch today, I created something that I am hoping will stay in my tummy and be pretty stable. Plus it was super yummy.

Cottage Cheese-Fruit Bowl

Ingredients:
-Cottage Cheese
-Fruit (I got fresh blueberries at the store this morning, yum!)
-Corn Flakes

Put cottage cheese in a bowl. Toss in a handful of blueberries. Eat a few. Toss in some more. Fight with Brian to regain control of the blueberries when he steals the entire box. Collect blueberries that he then tosses down your cleavage (that conveniently collect in your bra). Finally finish putting blueberries into the bowl. Top with a handful of corn flakes (that might be left over from making meatloaf last week). Consume.

If you're lucky, I might actually get some pics of these tomorrow and post them here. Or not. I might just devour it as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment