Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bloggity Blog Blog Blog

Lately, I've been reading a few blog entries that have ranged from being really interesting to blow-my-mind. Here are 3 such blogs:

http://offbeatmama.com/2011/12/ready-to-have-baby
Now, while this starts off with abortion (which I am not even getting into here), my favorite part is when she says:

"Brilliant people aren't magically created by two other brilliant people… they take work. A lot of work. So rather than regret the decision to have a baby, or regress back to a place of worry or concern about being a parent, I've decided to do the opposite. I've decided to become a superhero."

I want to be a superhero.

http://leahandmark.com/blog/2011/11/16/wednesday-leah-jonahs-birthday/
This one is about a home birth, from the mom's perspective. There were two parts that left me reeling and excited for this journey ahead of us:

"Labor was not some horrific, pain-worse-than-death experience for me. It was painful, yes. But it was a totally manageable pain. A temporary pain. A pain with a beautiful purpose. A pain that drove me deeper inside myself than I’ve ever been, that made me realize the strength of my mind and spirit…and the strength of my physical body. I don’t want to be in labor every day, that’s for sure. But would I do it again in a heartbeat? Heck yeah. Labor wasn’t easy, but it also wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it might be."

and

"The next morning Mark and Jonah and I were snuggled up on our ComfySack. I had some hot cocoa, Mark had a cup of coffee, our kitties were curled up next to us, we were staring at our beautiful son…it was a perfect lazy morning with an impossibly perfect new family member…and I sat up and said, 'OMG, if I had given birth in a hospital, we would still be there now!'"

That last bit, well, that's the feeling I'm hoping for, except you know, replace cats with dogs and beautiful son with beautiful daughter.

This is the same home birth, written from Dad's perspective. Again, here is my favorite part (and an experience I think Brian is also hoping for):

"I’m so glad that Leah wanted a home birth. Partly because I don’t really like hospitals and then also because the home birth WAS AMAZING. Seriously. I had great coffee, good food, my computer, and the absolute best part was that a few hours after BabyRoX was born – everyone left and it was just US THREE (plus our cats!)

One night we went to bed without a baby, the next night hey, WE HAVE A BABY! And we’re home. No spending the night in the hospital, no hanging out with strangers that just tell us to do things that we probably don’t want to do (doctors/nurses and their medical interventions.) I know the whole ‘birth experience’ is all about the mother since well, they’re the ones physically giving birth – but damn – I had a pretty great home birth experience."

So...if you have a minute or you're interested, check out these blog posts. They're pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment