Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 5, 2011

Register This!

So this weekend, I spent hours and hours and hours and HOURS at www.BabiesRUs.com, www.BuyBuyBaby.com and www.Amazon.com deciding what to register for. Yes, I could have waited. I realize I'm only 18 weeks and I don't even know the sex of the baby yet. But:

#1 I was bored
#2 Christmas is coming. Ok, it's not. But a lot of people like to shop early. And maybe they might want to get us something from our registry. Or something. Shut up. Don't judge me.
#3 It was fun

A few notes before showing you some pics:
-I realize only registered for 4 bottles. I'm waiting for baby to come before deciding on a specific bottle brand and style.
-No carseat. Yet. I am waiting to hear back from the Evenflo company (who I emailed this weekend) to find out what carseat will work best with the Evenflo stroller we received. The original one the company recommended is no longer being manufactured.
-Most of the stuff is unisex right now, but as soon as we know whether baby is a boy or a girl, I will probably add/change stuff to represent that.

Now for the good stuff: Pictures!

Room Decor/Bedding:
First off, you need to know our color scheme.

Main Wall Color

Main Accent Color

Secondary Accent Color

Tertiary Accent Color
The furniture is a light oak color and the neutral is going to be white or cream.

Now, if we have a boy (which as many of you know, I am convinced we are having), I found this adorable bedding set:
What I love most about his set are the transportation graphics. But...this set is crazy expensive. However, I was able to find:

This super cute blanket

and this sheet set.

So if we have a boy, I will go for the sheet and blanket, then get a bed skirt and bumper in a neutral like white.

Now, if we have a girl, I really liked this set:
Activity Items:

I'm most excited about the swing and the play gym. The swing goes front to back and side to side and, most important, plugs in instead of using batteries. The play gym is just really stinking cute.

 Technology:
I had a hard time deciding what kind of music/sound machine to get. I really don't like the crap music/new age sounds that a lot of them have. Then, after talking to some friends, I realized that I can have the sounds and music I like with my iPod. I really liked this particular iHome because it changes color.
Diapers:
I'm really excited to try cloth diapering. After doing a lot of research, I decided on the Bum Genius diapers. They're one size fits all, so it'll grow with baby. There are a lot of cute colors, so you can match them to outfits. Most important, we'll save a bundle when it comes to diapers. It's a big cost initially, but in the long run, will save a ton.  Along with the diapers (which I've registered for from Babys R Us, Buy Buy Baby and Amazon), I also put in the stuff to help maintain--soap, inserts, etc.



Of course I've registered for a ton of other stuff, but these are the things that I'm pretty stoked about. Maybe I'll even get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment