Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

26 Weeks!


We're closing in on the end of the second trimester!


How far along: 26 Weeks
Weight: 162
Baby size: 14 inches. About the length of a hot house cucumber. And apparently she weighs about 1 2/3 pounds.
Movement: Yep!
Feeling: I feel like I'm getting tired a lot more easily. And my back hurts. A lot. Plus, my internal organs are getting a bit squished, so my lung capacity has definitely decreased.
What I miss: Sleeping through the night. I'm waking up at least once a night to go to the bathroom.
What I am looking forward to: Cooking with Brian's sister Mel this weekend. We're doing a bunch of investment-style cooking. Hopefully this, with a few other things I have planned in the coming weeks, will give us plenty of freezer food for February!
Milestone: This is the last week of my second trimester. Not sure how I feel about that! On the one hand, it means that in 3 months, I'll have an actual baby. On the other hand, it means that IN 3 MONTHS, I'LL HAVE AN ACTUAL BABY!!! It also means this lovely second trimester full of energy is coming to an end.
To Do: Cooking with Mel. Working on knitting for the baby. I'm finishing up my yellow cardigan that I've been working on. It *should* be done by the end of the week. Then I'll be done working on 0-6 month size sweaters. I've got plans for a few 6-12 month sweaters. I'm thinking one in red and one in cream/ivory.
Food Cravings: Pie. Cheese. The usual. I made oven-fried chicken and french fries this week and just about died from the deliciousness of it!
Bonus #1: First taste of what it may be like with a new baby: One of the dogs puked in bed this morning (around 5:30 am). So we woke up, stripped the blanket from the bed, put on a new blanket and tried to go back to sleep. Couldn't. So I stayed in bed until 7:30. Then...Bummer puked on the CLEAN blanket. That's when I got up and tossed the first blanket in the wash. Only to find that there is a suspiciously wet and dog-food smelling spot on the couch AND on the rug by the back door. Looks like the dogs will be getting chicken and rice for dinner for the next few days...
Bonus #2: Results of blood sugar testing: Excellent! In fact, my blood sugar looked a bit low. So at least I don't have the concern for gestational diabetes.
Bonus #3: Halloween was last night. We got all of 4 trick or treaters :( Brian and I dressed up last weekend though, for a Halloween party. I was a bumblebee, Brian was his own special super hero "The Impregnator!"
Note: I am drinking sparkling apple cider!
Bonus #4: Look at you with all your bonuses today! Aren't you lucky? I popped into Old Navy yesterday after work and found the clearance table in the baby section. OMG. Everything on this table was like $4 and under! Everything I picked out were about $2.50 and under! I got four super cute tops for Lorelei for UNDER $10! They are all in the 6-12 month size range. So they should work for summer and early fall. I could probably stretch them a bit further by adding a sweater over them!







And, of course, your weekly preggy picture of me!
26 weeks 5 days

No comments:

Post a Comment