Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

28 Weeks!

How far along: 28 Weeks
Weight: 165
Baby size: 14.8 inches. And she weighs 2 1/4 pounds. About the size of a chinese (or Napa) cabbage.
Movement: Definitely. Sometimes, you can even see my tummy move!
Feeling:  Tired. Getting tired a lot more than I was before. I'm back to taking naps when I get home!
What I miss: Walking with any sort of speed. At this point, I've slowed down a bit, and at the end of the day, I also am supporting my tummy with my arms!
What I am looking forward to: Nothing much on the baby front. I have a midwife appointment and a birthday party this weekend, then Thanksgiving next weekend! What I am not looking forward to: Jury duty next week!
Milestone: Nothing new this week.
To Do: Start putting together my birth plan!
Food Cravings: Nothing too crazy. Although last night I had pumpkin ice cream with chocolate syrup and a dollop of sour cream. That was kind of weird. But tasty!
Bonus: Maternity Leave! I had an appointment with my HR department yesterday to figure out just how long I am going to be out. The happy surprise: three weeks longer than I was expecting AND without using much of my vacation time! Brian and I originally were looking at the information wrong. We had thought that disability ends when you give birth, then the 6 weeks paid family leave starts. We were then going to just stretch out the rest of my vacation time for another 3 weeks (using only 50% pay). Well, it just so happens, I get six weeks of disability once the baby is born, then six more weeks of paid family leave. Which gives us 12 weeks of maternity leave once the baby is here! If I give birth on my due date (Feb 1), then my maternity leave ends on the last Tuesday of April. Since I have no desire to return to work on a Wednesday (usually the craziest day of the week), I am going to use 3 days  of vacation time and come back the following Monday.
28 Weeks, 5 Days. Plus, check out the new hair cut! No hair drying/flat ironing required!

No comments:

Post a Comment