Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Very Merry Unbirthday!

So I've been thinking a lot about birthdays and birthday parties lately. Our niece, Maddy, is having her first birthday party in a few weeks and I was talking to her parents about the party. They're expecting somewhere around 40 people for this shindig!  Fortunately, her birthday party is in late April, so they can be inside and outside.

This got me thinking about Lorelei's birthday. It's in January, not the most hospitable of months for a big party. And our house definitely does not have enough space inside for such a gathering!

Now, Brian's family always had the tradition of having a party with the number of people for how old you were (so 5 people for your 5th birthday). I usually had a family dinner at my favorite restaurant and a big to-do in our backyard with my friends when I got older.

So here's what I'm thinking: A small gathering for her actual January birthday--just family. You know, something simple. But then a big potluck picnic Unbirthday party in June (6 months after her birthday). No gifts, just a fun get together at a local park. And wouldn't it be cool to have an Alice in Wonderland/Mad Hatter Unbirthday Tea Party theme? Little compostable tea cups, iced tea and lemonade, cake, balloons...We could have as many people as we want, there would be a playground for bigger kids.

Just a few party ideas:

No comments:

Post a Comment