Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 12, 2011

15 Weeks!

After a busy and exciting week last week, I'm happy to say this week has been pretty mellow. Brian's sister Stephanie (hi Toff!) is staying with us for a few weeks before their older sister Melissa's (hi Mel!) wedding at the end of the month.


How far along: 15 Weeks
Weight: 160.4 lbs (Going back up!)
Baby size: 4 inches. The Bump says about the size of a navel orange.
Sleep: Really good. But I find I absolutely HAVE to pee right before bed after my vitamins or I'll wake up sometime between 4 and 6 am to go to the bathroom.
Movement: None that I can feel. But my midwife says to be aware of any "fluttering" feelings I may be having. Considering it's the size of an orange, I'm not holding my breath!
Feeling: A lot better. I have been having a good deal of pain in my hips--random shooting pain. So much so that I sometimes need to stop what I'm doing (standing/walking) and sit down.
What I miss: Chicken. I never realized how much chicken we ate until I cut it out of my diet!
What I am looking forward to: Nothing baby related at the moment. Next weekend is Mel's bachelorette party and the following weekend is the wedding! Looking forward to that!
Milestone: Scheduled second trimester ultrasound--September 9th. Brian's got it on his calendar too, so he'll get to see the fancy ultrasound pictures in person!
To Do: Get my second trimester blood work done.
Food Cravings: Fruit. Especially strawberries.
Bonus: Two things:
#1 I finished the first homemade item for the baby's room: a stuffed knitted owl. Brian's dad named him Wilson (after the volleyball in Castaway). The name has kinda stuck!
Meet Wilson!
#2 I came home today to a big surprise. One of Brian's clients gave us a stroller! They apparently didn't need it anymore, so they gave it to us. It's an Evenflo with a nice sized storage basket, cup holders for me and baby and a ton of pockets. I drove it around the house and it has a nice smooth ride. Bummer and Finn, the dogs, weren't too pleased about being taken for a test drive in it, but you know--dogs!
Wilson in the new stroller!
 And here are your promised preggy belly pics. Mind you, there's not much belly to see yet!
Here I am at 12 weeks. Honestly, this looks more like a food baby than anything!  

And me at 15 weeks. Not a whole lot going yet. But check out my cute new maternity top!


No comments:

Post a Comment