Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 31, 2012

18 Weeks



Weight: 13.48 pounds
Length: 24 inches
Favorite activity: Wiggling around naked in her bouncy chair!
Favorite food: breast milk
Favorite spot: Floating in the bathtub, head in the water
Naughtiest moment: Sleeping through most of Auntie Mel's baby shower 
Important milestones: First time meeting Great Aunt Susan!
How Mom's Feeling: Feeling pretty good. It was a super busy week for us! I worked really hard to get everything ready for Mel's baby shower on Sunday. I didn't have a lot to do, but it FELT like a lot! I had to finish making her knit giraffe, make some strawberry-chicken salad sandwiches and cut out some more shapes for decorating onesies. It all got done! Then, first thing Sunday morning, Lorelei and I drove up to Sacramento for the party. She was such a good girl and had two big poops before leaving, then slept the whole way there and back! She got to meet and cuddle with her Great Aunt Susan (they were fast friends), then slept through most of the shower! After waking up, Lorelei flirted with her future boyfriend, Grady (such a chunky monkey!)


It was Memorial Day weekend, so I got to spend an extra day at home with Lorelei. We hung out at home and went to our favorite park! Then Mama started feeling sick, so we went home, and I went to bed early, only to wake at 1 am with a 102 degree fever! Fortunately, the fever was gone by the time I woke up and I was able to take Lorelei to the doctor for her 4 month checkup.


The checkup went really well. The pediatrician said Lorelei was looking great. Lorelei took her shots like a champ. She cried really hard, but was just fine after a walk around Kaiser and to the cupcake shop. She slept at home the rest of the day!


One thing I've had to face this week is Mommy Jealousy. When May came to watch Lorelei on Thursday, Lorelei was DELIGHTED! She was laughing and giggling and as happy as I'd ever seen her. And me, well, I was jealous! I should be happy that she loves May so much. Instead, all I could think of was "Lorelei never laughs like that with me!" Brian assured me that she does. It's just one of those hard things I'm learning to deal with!


As always, some pictures of our week:


Hanging Around the House



New buddy "Squeaks"



At the Baby Shower



Checking out her buddy Grady

Yes, Lorelei, he IS a catch!


At the park on Memorial Day





No comments:

Post a Comment